Church of Panagia Laodigitria or Panagia Lagoudiani
According to sources, the church was founded in the 14th century by a man named Lagoudiatis or Lagoudatis. In the 15th century, it was the catholicon of a nunnery that was a dependency of Vlatadon Monastery. Its present-day form as a three aisled basilica with a gynaeconite is the result of a renovation that took place in 1802.
The church keeps a significant number of 18th and 19th century icons.
Hours: Every day 7:00 - 12:00 and 17:00 - 19:00
Rules: No shorts or sleeveless shirts
Entrance fee: Free
Celebrates: 3rd May
Address: 40 - 50 Ioulianou, 54634 Thessaloniki
Directions -> How to get there